Subject: Re: [Leica] Where does Leica make its point and shoot cameras?
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:05:42 +0800

Vick,

Most Leica 'point & shoot' cameras are made by Matsushita Electrics in
Osaka, Japan.  As you may already know, Matsushita is the manufacturer of
Panasonic, Technics, and National appliances.

I guess I ought to know, as my family distributes Panasonic/National and
Leica products in Hong Kong!

OTOH, the C11 APS camera, as well as their line of digital cameras, are
rebadged Fuji cameras.

Hope this helps....

Regards,
Joseph