Subject: [Leica] Scrambled Eggs
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:13:17 -0500

> My children had working titles.
> Until she was born, my first child was named Ahab. Upon the event of
> her birth, we changed her name to Vanessa.
>
> My second child was named Piglet until she was born, at which time her
> name changed to Elizabeth.
>
> And so forth.
>
> The book 'Gone with the wind' was named 'Tomorrow is another day' until
> it was published; Margaret Mitchell really wanted it to be called 'Tote
> the weary load', but her publisher insisted on 'Gone with the wind'.

And the original title of Paul McCartney's song "Yesterday" was "Scrambled
Eggs" (say it) until George Martin and John Lennon convinced him to rewrite
the lyrics because the melody was so beautiful.

I have a friend whose daughter's "working title" was Zamboni (he's a hockey
player). Since she's been out in the air, she's known as Kara. But I swear
he breifly toyed with the idea of naming her Kara Zamboni Kennedy....

- --Mike