Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay Canadian Purchases
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:17:34 -0600

UPS does not charge duty, Canada Customs does. UPS collects the duty owing
for Canada Customs and adds a hefty fee to do so. There are at least taxes,
and possibly duty, on repairs. Make sure you check with customs about what
you need to provide in documentation. If they open your parcel on its way
back to you, I have had several opened, they may charge taxes and punitive
fines based on the full value of the item.

John Collier

There are several excellent repair facilities in Canada. Why send it to the
USA?