Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay Canadian Purchases
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:16:03 -0400

on 18/10/00 9:58 am, Paul Chefurka at Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com wrote:

> You bet!  Any order sent to Canada through UPS will end up costing you much
> more than you expect :-/  Fedex (for speed) and USPS (slow but cheap) are my
> preferred routes for mail-order imports.

Agreed. USPS is actually reasonably fast SO LONG AS your shipper doesn't do
what mine just did on the Super Graphic and send it surface instead of air.
The ship time goes from 1 week to 4-6 weeks, and they save TWO WHOLE
DOLLARS. A big part of the problem is the totally demotivated USPS counter
staff who I swear f*** things up just for the sake of it.

Incidentally, if you have any doubts about ebay buyers or sellers, do try
the escrow services like itrustyou.com or iescrow.com. They will save you a
lot of heartache in the case of a wrinkle.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com