Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA meeting
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:19:56 -0700

Vick Ko wrote:

> What is this "Roy Moss" public criticism?
><Snip>  Also, from the Solms
> > reps reaction to Roy Moss' vigorous public criticism of the M6 TTL, I got the feeling
> > that the M6 "classic" may be resurrected.
> >
> > Emanuel Lowi
> > Montreal

Roy did not think it made sense to have TTL Flash capability on a camera with a
1/50th sync speed.
Thought Leica went in the wrong direction. "Muddled thinking" I think he might
have said.
Another influential member of LHSA as well as the LUG, Photographer Sal DiMarco,
also does not go for the TTL.

Me, I'm rather fond of the newer camera.
Fond of using my Metz 32-Z2 with TTL shoe on a bright day even but with the sun
behind my subjects faces.
That flash has plenty of power for 50th of a second sync speed shooting.
Not so the tiny Leica flash which would only be good for closer in dim light.
I think the metering on the TTL is better, I'm more comfortable with the camera;
might sell my non TTL M6 so all my bodies match.
I've fond in this world it's important to have matched bodies!
mark rabiner
My batteries last forever on my TTL, not my classic.
I think Leica should get Metz to make them a BIG flash. With a Big Red Dot
that you see after someone takes your picture with it!
So that the TTL feature can really be of some use.
All my transparencies match up perfectly.
I don't trust non TTL to transparencies.

Message from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] LHSA meeting)