Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: New Provia 400F film
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:42:24 -0400

At 05:30 PM 10/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Tina - That's one of the best PhotoShop jobs I have seen on a photograph!
>I've always wanted to do watercolors, but my hands don't seem to "see" what
>my eye does. When do you start giving PS lessons?

Look for an IDG book coming out by Gregory Georges.  He is using some of my
photos as illustrations and in exchange gave me some Photoshop lessons.  He
has a web site outlining a procedure very close to this one at:
http://www.reallyusefulpage.com/techniques/pen-ink.htm

>BTW - I just sold my first print (20x24") done with the Light Jet 5000. I'm
>still printing Cibachromes,  but am sure excited about the digital printing
>to Fuji Crystal Archive photo paper. I had the 4x5 transparency
>professionally scanned to a 400mb file, then used PS 5.0 for some minor
>corrections, burned it to CD as a 150mb file and shipped it off to Ferrari
>color lab in Sacramento. The photograph is like looking out a window.

Congratulations!  Cibachromes are beautiful but you have so much more
control with digital!

Leically,

Tina

Message from "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com> (Re: [Leica] New Provia 400F film)