Subject: [Leica] Re: DC Leica Day
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 05:11:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dan Honemann wrote:

> I'd all but talked myself into the 35 summicron and putting the
> $1k savings toward the new 28 asph.  But maybe buying a used
> 35/1.4 asph is the better strategy.  Then again, _are_ there any
> used 35/1.4 asph's?  Seems folks rarely part with this gem.

Don't compare a new 35/2 to a 35/1.4.  If you're going to buy used,
compare the price to a used 35/2.

Is one stop really worth close to a thousand bucks to you?  The answer
might be yes.  In which case, go for it.  :)

Another point may be viewfinder blockage.  I'm assuming the lux is
bigger than the cron?  (Not always a good assumption, but usually a
fair one.)  I have the cron, and it blocks just a corner.  The
pre-ASPH cron doesn't block at all.  Matters not to me, but it matters
to some.  Must be Kyle's fault, I'm too busy trying to get my shutter
button unstuck to worry about what I see through the viewfinder.  :)