Subject: [none]
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:51:51 GMT

Yes, yes, YES! I find this so frustrating that close focus is my major
complaint with my Voigtlander 35mm. One of the first things I did was open
it up to see if there was something I could file away to let it go nearer.
It's not even necessary that it couple with the RF--my M3s didn't follow my
second generation 28 all the way down, but I was just glad for the extra
inches. I know the elves probably don't want to make a failsafe (focus and
parallax) product, but I think all their W/As should focus down to about six
inches and come with a little tag attached that says "WARNING: closer than
28 inches and you're on your own, buddy." I know I could deal with that, and
I bet I'm not the only one.

- --Michael

ORIGINAL:::::::
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Okay wide angle buffs, here's a question for you: do you find the .7m
close-focusing restriction of the Leicas to be restrictive in practice?. . .