Subject: [Leica] Leather straps
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:49:46 GMT

I got my new faux-old-Leica leather straps this week and am delighted--if I
remember correctly, $19 is about what I paid for the original in around
1972, but these are better made, with better leather (the old stuff was thin
and soft, but quickly started wearing out), some detailing missing on the
original, such as slight thinning where the strap makes tight turns near the
rivets, and much better hardware. Given that I've been looking for new old
stock, dealers' junk boxes, etc., for a year for something like this and not
found it until now, I don't see how leather strap fans can avoid getting
one.

Someone asked today what the address was to get them. It's
pepe3@bellatlantic.net

- --Michael Darnton