Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash !
From: Andrew Moore <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:01:18 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm shooting with a early M2, and I have the sync adapter. Now I just need a
> flash I can throw in my bag - something small - similar in size to the SF20,
> but cheaper.

Olympus S20:

- - smaller than the SF20
- - cheaper than the SF20 (mine was USD $75 at a local dealer
  and that was probably expensive)
- - uses common AA batteries
- - two auto F-stops, plus manual mode
- - covers as wide as 35 mm (or 28, cannot remember)
- - comes with low-profile diffuser to cover 24 mm
- - light weight and compact

It doesn't have a PC socket, but I bought a cheap ($10 or so) adapter
(sync cord to hotshoe) made by Kaiser, and it solves that problem.
The same cord also lets me use the flash off-camera (tilt, swivel, bounce
too if you can get enough power out of it).

It seems very durable.  I love it so much I bought two.

Replies: Reply from "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com> (Re: [Leica] Flash !)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Flash !)
Reply from "Tony Woo" <tonywoo@netvigator.com> (Re: [Leica] Flash !)