Subject: Re: [Leica] Classic M6 or M6 TTL - which do you prefer
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:55:33 -0600

The aperture is set on the flash unit strictly so the unit can display the
correct distance range. When I use my SF-20 I just set the flash exposure
compensation to what I want (usually -1 to -2 stops) and that is it. Shoot
away and change your aperture as needed. The flash measures the light
through the lens so the set aperture is automatically taken into account.
The only thing that I wish they had done is include a way of indicating
flash overexposure. It will blink the flash "lightning bolt" at you if you
underexpose but will indicate correct exposure even if you overexpose with
the flash.