Subject: [Leica] Re: Martins and Leicas
From: Douglas Cooper <visigoth@cloud9.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:21:01 -0400

> Give me a 1966 Martin D28 over its "new" clone any day...

Heh.  1966 represents a drop in value of the D28 (although not as substantial as the switch to Indian rosewood in late 1969):
this is when the tortoise celluloid pickguard was replaced with black plastic.

(Pedants R Us.)

Of course, you're right about old vs. clone thing.  I bought a new Taylor rather than a new Martin.  I used to have an old OOO18,
and I could kick myself for selling it.

Oh, and speaking of Leicas, there really is no comparison between the feel of my M3 DS and my M4-P.  The older body is much
quieter as well.  And the M4-P is considerably quieter than the M6 I recently checked out at Tamarkin.

cheers,

Douglas Cooper