Subject: Re: [Leica] Eddie Adams Photo/ Jim Nachtwey in Israel
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:55:10 -0400

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:30:38 -0700, Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>> Now the photo of Ruby shooting Oswald - there's an assassination still with
>> some punch!
>>
>> Paul
>
>And I must say as the cameraman who filmed NBC's coverage of that event the
>still shot has an impact but the film tells a more complete story.  The
>event is frozen in everyone's mind through the still but details show in the
>film sequence.  Where Ruby came from, how he drew the gun and the lack of
>reaction to Ruby before he shot and of course the brief time period.
>
>Several years ago, at a conference, people were shown the film and several
>stills of the shooting.  Most people viewing the stills could not describe
>as many details as those that saw the film.
>
>Yet the impact of the still is what everyone sees in their mind when someone
>asks if they know anything about Ruby shooting Oswald.
>
>Happy snaps,
>
>Steven Alexander

Boy, the LUG is an amazing place.  I've seen your footage, and one of the most
remarkable things it shows is that lack of reaction you mention.  I always
figured that the guardians of a presidential assassin would be a little more
responsive to unknown people approaching them and their charge.  Yet one more
detain that fuels the endless conspiracy theories.  BTW - where *did* he come
from?

Paul

Message from Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Eddie Adams Photo/ Jim Nachtwey in Israel)