Subject: RE: [Leica] Eddie Adams Photo/ Jim Nachtwey in Israel
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 06:25:38 -0700

Sorry, I don't buy it.  Sounds to me like Landor is consigning all those
great still photos that have been made for the past hundred and fify years
to the artistic scrap-heap.  I wonder if he applies the same "rule" to
paintings?  A single painting of the model posiing is no good, you have to
have paintings of the model walking into the room, then posing, and then
leaving in order for it to be a valid representation of the experience.

I know I'm going to get in trouble here like I did for dissing Sontag,
because as an artistic philistine I have no idea who Landor is - but based
on this quote a comment about his ability to discriminate effluent from shoe
polish springs to mind.

Paul