Subject: [Leica] That word again
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:24:48 -0500

> There is no Leica glow. So every receipt is right. Mr Johnstons advice to
> use a low contrast about standard focal length lens, with a classic silver
> rich film, overexpose by a stop, develop short, use a diffusion enlarger and
> use FB paper and print with low contrast  is a remarkable nonsensical piece
> of
> photographic technique. It will give you results that are as flat as some
> scientists in the past thought about the radius of the earth. If this is the
> essence of what a century of photographic research has come up, I welcome
> the age of digital photography. That will be refreshing in the extreme.

I'd be happy to provide you with a sterling, beautiful example, Erwin old
boy. Just send me $350 American, and I'll mail you a print made with
precisely the technique I described. As you'll see, it's gorgeous. If you
were to allow yourself of a modicum of poetic license, you might even say
it...glows.

316 Windsor Drive, Waukesha, WI 53186.

Don't thank me. My pleasure.

<g>