Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing the M6
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:58:46 -0400

Jesse Hellman wrote:

> I noticed this with my 90 Elmarit at F2.8 - especially if there are two
> heads in the picture and one is at the center, one at the edge - it is
> better to get the one at the edge to move closer until the rangefinger
> shows them both to be sharp, rather than to have them in a plane that is
> at right angles to the axis.
>
> Jesse

This was late-night idiocy: I meant exactly the opposite of what I said. It
was doing this exact thing that brought out the problem. You need to
arrange a right angle, or focus on the very-off-center eye and then correct
a bit by focusing closer.

Jesse

Message from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Focusing the M6)
Message from Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Focusing the M6)