Subject: Re: [Leica]Apropos of nothing- OT re Film v Digital
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:27:51 -0400

Folks-
I know this is fanning the flames, but someone sent this to me- the URL,
that is, and I read it with some interest.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/d30_vs_film.htm

Now, I know all the arguments, but then again, I am  not opposed to giving a
fair hearing to new things, and I did indeed find this interesting. I am
quite in agreement with Jim Brick, et al- that film will be with us for
quite some time, but I am surprised at the advances being made, and the
rapidity at which they are advancing the science involved. I guess since Jim
is 'surfing' on the leading edgfe of the wave, he is inured to what might
dazzle us, the great unwashed!

I can see why that certain types of photography are ideally suited to this
new stuff!

Dan (Hugging my IIIf and weeping copiously!) Post