Subject: [Leica] Re: slide rule analogy
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:49:23 -0400

I am 50.  I am still more comfortable with a slide rule (I have a K&E 10"
Log-Log Duplex Decitrig, for what it is worth) than a calculator.  And,
yes, I did insist that my 18-year-old son learn the use of a slide rule
though I acknowledge he will probably never use this unless, as is most
unlikely, he would become a civil engineer (there is little civil about MY
son!) in a third-world country where PX625's are hard to find.  <he grins
maliciously>

But a lot of my law practice is based on accuracy to pennies and I do use a
calculator for this, or a spreadsheet.  But for everything else, out comes
the ol' Log-Log.

I even have the Nerd holster for the thing, that you hang from your belt.
Damn, but I never did earn a Pocket Protector, though, after that "D" in
Trig-Calc in 12th Grade...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!