Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: slide rule analogy
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:39:03 -0500

I'm a bit older than Marc, and am perhaps more comfortable than he with
calculators (I wrote programs for the HP65 and HP41 calculators, and primitive
income tax planning programs for our law firm's Wang minicomputers before the
IBM PC first saw the light of day) but still use a slide rule in the darkroom
when I need to interpolate time/temperatures or figure enlargement factors.
But none of my kids have any interest in the things.

My weapon of choice is the Pickett Power Log Exponential, a Log Log Dual Base
model that I picked up for $5 when a store was closing them out 25 years ago.
I not only have the nerd belt case for it as well as the instruction book, but
also its companion 6" pocket model with its own nerd pocket protector case.  I
keep the small one in my briefcase for those times when I feel the need to
amaze a friend or confound an enemy.

Cheers,
Kip

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> ([Leica] McKeown's! Firm Word Of Sorts!)