Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Slide Rules and Platinum
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2000 21:27:35 -0700

On Thu, 26 October 2000, Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 26/10/00 10:04 pm, Douglas Cooper at visigoth@cloud9.net wrote:

<SNIP>
> > I've seriously considered starting a slide
> > rule collection.  They're beautiful objects.  Thought I'd be the first to
> > consider this, but judging by the fairly heavy trade on ebay, it's a real
> > community.
>
> I'm a big fan of slide rules. I've started buying them too. Imagine how much
> you would freak someone out if you pulled out napiers bones instead of a
> calculator! They will go nicely with my super graphic, methinks.
>
> can you get an aspheric slide rule??
>
> --
> Johnny Deadman

Dang! you guys are nuts!

That's another thing my phantom benefactor Gary Hanlon left with me - along with his entire remaining set of Kodachromes, a Luna Six SBC and miscelaneous junk.  Do either of you really want the the slide rule?  It's certain that I  don't appreciate it as much as you guys do.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento