Subject: Re: [Leica] Avedon
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:10:01 -0700

Mike Johnston wrote:

> > And what Avedon did in the American West with the Beekeeper and so on.
> > Didn't hand hold that 8x10 did he?!
>
> I wrote a rather notorious negative review of Avedon's _In The American
> West_ lo these many years ago. It was called "The Fashion Photographer's
> Nightmare" and it was published in _The Washington Review_ (I think).
>
> Anyway Marc, didn't I say somewhere that if you're going to use a tripod
> anyway, you might as well use a larger camera? Well, so, Avedon did...right?
>
> --Mike

Yep that's what you said at that point but then we say "But we don't have
another camera all we have is our Leica system that day" or to the effect.
I'll say again and I've said that unlike SLR's on a tripod not having to lock up
mirrors because it's a rangefinder is a real pleasere.
Click

and then someone says "modern SLR's have such smooth mirrors you don't have to
lock them up any more it says so in the directions (which is why their is no
mirror lock)) To which Jim, Myself and others, Henning probably all say
BULLHOCKEY!!! "lock that darn mirror up or die in your own filth!!!!!!"
TGIF
HAPPY HOLLOWEENIES!

mark rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Avedon)