Subject: Re: [Leica] Avedon
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:48:06 -0700

At 6:10 PM -0700 10/27/00, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Yep that's what you said at that point but then we say "But we don't have
>another camera all we have is our Leica system that day" or to the effect.
>I'll say again and I've said that unlike SLR's on a tripod not
>having to lock up
>mirrors because it's a rangefinder is a real pleasere.
>Click
>
>and then someone says "modern SLR's have such smooth mirrors you don't have to
>lock them up any more it says so in the directions (which is why their is no
>mirror lock)) To which Jim, Myself and others, Henning probably all say
>BULLHOCKEY!!! "lock that darn mirror up or die in your own filth!!!!!!"
>TGIF
>HAPPY HOLLOWEENIES!
>
>mark rabiner

Thank you Mark, for speaking for me! Not so sure about the
'HOLLOWEENIES', but the rest is right on!

I'm going away shortly for a few weeks in the direction of Duane
Birkey, and I'm taking a tripod. A somewhat modified Gitzo #0, which
goes up to eye level, and is fine for Leicas, but is pointless with
almost any SLR. The mirror on the SLR's may be damped, but the rest
of the body and lens sure wobble!

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design