Subject: Re: [Leica] Lotus by Leica
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 14:07:45 -0500

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000 10:15:48 -0800, Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> wrote:

>just after the hexar was born, many luggers hooted and hollered for an
>electronic m, with autoexposure, faster flash sync, higher shutter speed,
>etc., etc.
>
>don't know how many of them (few, i'll bet) actually bought a hexar, but
>the clammoring has died down of late.

I just got a Hexar RF body on Friday.  After a bit of use yesterday with my
Leica 24, 28, 35 and 50mm lenses, all I can say is wow.  This is the camera
Leica should have made, as far as I'm concerned.

1/4000 top speed for wide-aperture use of Leica glass in daylight, a quiet motor
so I never have to take my eye from the finder during action, a .58 finder for
easy use of the 28, DX sensors so I don't need to find my reading glasses every
time I change film speeds, and  AE for snapshooting.  All that and it feels
solid as a rock.  I even like its strap better than Leica's.  And yes, a
flip-open back with motorized wind and rewind  does make film changing faster.

I'll be keeping my .72 and .85 M6's, but I've put my order for a .58 M6 and the
new motor on indefinite hold.  How's that for clamor?

Paul

Message from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Lotus by Leica)