Subject: [Leica] CL Service and CL Meaning
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 03:25:24 EST

In a message dated 10/30/00 12:11:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

> I thought Leica no longer serviced the CL...
- ----------------------------------
From what I understand, Leica New Jersey still services the CL. And factory
parts are still available. I recall Leitz sold all its repair inventory to
Professional Camera Service in NYC for the T-mount Leicas only.

The CL is really an M camera and came into the market with the M5. The M6
incorporated the best features of both. The CL was the really innovative
model, IMHO.
One of the greatest field cameras ever developed. Never intrusive or hard to
bear.
It requires a special user, one who really uses it. Those who seldom use
their CL should sell it to a true CLer. What's the point of hoarding a Strad?
The world should hear it.

br