Subject: Re: [Leica] showing my unenviable true colors
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:36:37 -0800

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> think
> you'd behave a certain, gallant, way under duress -- you even have all
> these visions of it from time to time and the great shots you'd bring
> home. you think "given the opportunity, i'd do the right thing." but how
> often do we get to find out?<<<<<<<<,

And a bunch more........snipped.........

Hi Kyle,
Well lad the best thing out of this escapade is you didn't get stabbed, shot
or beaten!  In moments of this kind no matter how experienced a photographer
maybe, you rarely think "take pictures" until it's nearly finished or over.

It goes with human nature re-action to what wasn't really a picture taking
scenario in the beginning "as in a Halloween party" and unless you were
already doing happy snapping of costumed folks, your "shooting instincts are
in a holding mode."

All of a sudden an event starts,  it's over just as quickly, probably faster
than you could get pictures anyway, so don't feel bad Kyle just be thankful
you didn't get the pig sticker!

And for heavens sake get your act to-gether the next time, we need  faster
re-action response from a Leica photojournalist as we expect a visual report
from you,  not a written one! ;-)

glad you're OK and that's the bottom line.
ted