Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #138
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:47:50 -0800

Bill: I phone Keeble & Schucat in Palo Alto and Adolph Gasser in San
Francisco this morning, both across the Bay from my father, and reported the
theft of his M2R and 35 mm Summicron. Paul at Gasser told me to instruct my
father to report the theft to the police immediately so the model ID and
serial number can be put into a nationwide police registry. He said camera
shops and pawn shops are required to hold camera equipment for 30 days so
that the employees can check the registry and do other research. They are
also required to obtain the potential sellers' fingerprints and obtain
copies of the sellers' drivers licenses,

Terry, send me your home phone and the serial numbers by personal
email if you prefer. I'm going to the San Jose show and will keep a
look out.

Bill