Subject: [Leica] Steel Bike Frames...and Camera Shops in Japan
From: "William Gower" <wgower@eco-tec.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:03:26 -0500

John Collier wrote...

> Would you extend the second to include fillet brazed steel? I love steel
> bicycle frames but think that the recent incorporation of beer can
> technology [snip]

Oh tales of woe !

When people reminisce about the black M4-MOT they sold for 500 bucks, or
that 000-18 Martin they unwisely traded for that Steve Vai Ibanez re-issue
in '83, I sadly recall my Fillet brazed Brodie (a Canadian hand-built)
mountain bike I sold to pay for my last year of tuition at graduate school.

Thank Christ I never parted with my Taylor. After living a month on a diet
of potatoes and mountain dew, it was the next thing on the list.

Back O/T

I concur with others re: the Kodak 160NC. It's fantastic film - and I'd
happily buy Supra 400 again as well. Has anyone pushed the Portra 800 ?

Also - has anyone travelled to Japan lately (i.e. the last 6 months) ? Are
there any Camera shops (other than MAP CAMERA and LUCKY) I should visit when
I'm in Tokyo and Osaka next week ?

Thanks

William