Subject: [Leica] FB Papers ?
From: "William Gower" <wgower@eco-tec.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:39:56 -0400

Hello LUG'ers

I had a previous post that introduced my darkroom situation. To summarise -
I'm developing at home, and renting darkroom space to do contact sheets and
final prints. I don't see this changing in the foreseeable future. At least
not for the next year or so.

It's been a long time since I've been in the darkroom - and allot has
changed. What has happened to standard grade fibre based papers ? Where are
they ?

I used to use standard grade papers, fibre based. I played with Multi
contrast papers briefly a while ago ('84 - '86), but never liked the way
they toned in selenium. Maybe it was my imagination.

I checked out the Kodak, Agfa and Ilford sites on the web -  all they offer
in FB is poly (multi) contrast papers. Kodak offers standard grade papers,
but only in RC.

Is Seagull still making papers ? I don't remember if they offered standard
grades in FB. Do they have a web site ?

Anyone who can shed some light here. Does anyone belong to a darkroom
discussion group (not newsnet) here ?

Thanks

William

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] FB Papers ?)