Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras as checked luggage
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 07:59:32 -0800

Frank Dernie wrote:

> [...]
years of 40 flights a year and cost and 1/10 of the price. I would recommend
this type - Pelican make an upmarket one which I haven't used.<<

Hi Frank,

My money is on the Pelican or others manufactured similarly.  They can be stood
on, jumped on, sat on, turned into a coffee table in the bush and the airlines
have great frustrations at trying to destroy them. No luck on any of mine so
far.

However like you, the Haliburton's I owned were beat up in no time and problems
with closing, no gear ever damaged, but they just became a big worry that one
day everything maybe rolling around in the belly of an aircraft, so I bought
Pelican cases and haven't been sorry since.
ted