Subject: [Leica] Cameras as checked luggage
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 09:02:17 -0500

A few people have recommended Zero Haliburton cases. I bought one years ago
and it was all but so damaged on it's first flight (Miami London) that it
was pretty well unuseable thereafter (frame bent doesnt shut properly full
of deep dents etc - its a soft ally used because of their manufacturing
process- wheels bashed in). Other "high end" cases suffer the same way,
they are unable to cope with impact, particularly edgewise on a metal
frame.
A moulded polypropylene case of inexpensive make has survived  for 15 years
of 40 flights a year and cost and 1/10 of the price. I would recommend this
type - Pelican make an upmarket one which I haven't used.
cheers Frank

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Cameras as checked luggage)