Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Calculations wrong?
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:58:57 -0500

> 240 is the PPI I use so that splits the difference and supposedly make my
Epson
> 1200 work less harder.
> I'm my experience 100 is a slight underkill and 300 certainly is
overkill.

I don't remember, are you using Piezography?  I vaguely remember you
are....since you mentioned you can't see any dots...  Piezography prints at
some 2160DPI or something like that...  Anyway, John Cone says he
'believes' he sees better quality up to 720 or so input resolution...  I
have not done any testing on this...and I don't know if he sees that with a
loupe or from an 14" viewing distance or what...

Yeah, it's all subjective ;-)

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Calculations wrong?)