Subject: [Leica] Thermometers (wasLeica] Re:XTOL)
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:33:14 -0500

Ouch. That one hits a sore spot.  What I thought was a trusted
thermometer went sour on me as well. For a while earlier this year,
my slides from a Jobo had a funky magenta on them, and my Tri-X
was repeatedly reticulated - all, it turned out,  because of a bum
piece of glass.  Now film processing temps get checked with both
an alcohol "color' thermometer and  a mercury thermometer
(despite its political incorrectness), and the dial thermometer on
the faucet gets checked against the glass thermometers.

Roy

On 2 Nov 2000, at 19:30, Mike Durling wrote:

> I had a problem with film developed at different temperatures.  At
70f
> Kodak's recommendations worked fine, at 75f the film was thin.
Guess