Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #147
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:00:20 -0500

on 11/3/00 12:10 AM, Leica Users digest at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> [Leica] russian cameras
My impression, from handling Feds and Zorkis at camera shows is that
Zorkis are much better. However, I own a Kiev IVA and use it in situations
where I don't want to carry my LTM Leicas. MIne is a 1969 model--its a VERY
nicely made camera that gives me good results. The camera with
35, 50, & 85 Jupiter lenses cost me less than $200. (The
camera w/50 & 35 from Ebay and the 85 from a LUGer. Granted, the Contax
mount lenses aren't compatible with Leicas,but they're cheaper than
LTM Russian lenses. Besides, many German & Japanese LTM lenses will noy fit
Russian LTM cameras because of problems with the RF cam.

If you do opt for a Kiev, the quqlity seems to have gone way downhill a
on post 1970 models. The earlier they're made, the closer they are to  a
real Contax.
- --
Bob Marvin