Subject: Re: [Leica] Cuevas semi-wrap seat cluster with chamfered seatstay ends and Cinelli allen-key seatpost binder
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 07:16:16 -0700

Actually, I joined the list to find out more about Leica cameras and which
£$%^@ adapter to use to mount my Hektor on my Visoflex. Finding out all that
stuff took just a few months of patient listening: on my part, to shift
though all the mountains of posts; on your part, to listen to all the
obvious questions I posted. I stayed on the list because of all the great
advice and comments about photography in general, from developing film to
developing countries, that abounds on this madcap list.

I use Leica Ms because I love the viewfinder. It allows me to view the world
in a natural way. As I have said before, it is like walking around with a
pair of cropping "L"s with a shutter and film back attached.

I use Leica lenses because they fit on my M camera.

Some lenses I do not like and some lenses I do. I had a 21/3.4 which I found
to be too flare prone wide-open and too slow when used at f4 where it flared
less (its new owner is very happy). I had a 90/2.8 which also had flare
problems(its new owner is very happy). I sold them both down the river
(geographically speaking). I also had a 35/2 pre-asph which I loved but
eventually sold to buy a 35/1.4 Asph as I found myself running out of speed
with the 35/2 (its new owner is very happy).

All this is to say that for me, Leica is a camera, a tool. It works, I
smile, I take pictures. It does not work, I cry, I fix it or sell it period!

Now bicycles.......

John Collier