Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: I go historical/Walt
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:07:38 -0500

What seems at times to get forgotten here is that while Erwin is a wonderful
fellow, who clearly has forgotten more about optics in general, and Leica optics
in particular, than most of us will learn in our life times, he is, in fact, a
fellow just like the rest of us - a guy who is opinionated as all get out and
who puts his pants on one leg at a time.

We are, as others have pointed out, a quite disputatious lot - everyone learns
that after reading a few hours worth of posts. It is a bit troubling that we are
expected to respond to Erwin differently than we would respond to anyone else on
this list - at times joking, at times praising, and at times saying "you're full
of shit!"

There is no question this list would be poorer for Erwin's absence, but, by the
same token, it would also be poorer if it's nature changed to accommodate Erwin.

And, let me add, as a reporter of many many years, that the questions raised by
Walt are perfectly reasonable questions to ask someone who, like Erwin, seems to
have such an "in" with a particular manufacturer. It's not insulting to ask
those questions - but is rather bizarre to not have them asked.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: I go historical/Walt)