Subject: [Leica] Re: I go historical/Walt
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 10:12:32 -0800

At 08:30 AM 11/3/00 -0500, ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:
>Your remarks regarding Erwin were uncalled for and really rude. Arthur

I agree with you Arthur.

Both Horst and Walt, for some reason, seem to delight in putting down Erwin
who is, indeed, completely immersed in the world of photography, has more
energy than most LUG folks, and is willing to discuss, in great detail, his
research findings, publish articles, and maintain a state of the art
web/information site.

I don't get it? There is no need to write degrading posts about someone who
is providing us with information that we cannot easily get elsewhere. As
far as being 100% correct, Erwin's posts are probably more correct than
most of the information that is bandied about on the LUG from other sources.

I remember Walt telling everyone that you had to take an M6 apart in order
to adjust the vertical RF alignment. I did correct him but had I not seen
his post, many would still be thinking that M6 RF alignment is a major
operation. Not true, of course. Like all other M cameras, it is through an
easily accessible hole in the front of the camera. Nothing has to be "taken
apart." It is actually very simple.

Jim

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: I go historical/Walt)
Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: I go historical/Walt)