Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: RF alignment
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:08:02 -0800

>> > operation. Not true, of course. Like all other M cameras, it is through an
>> > easily accessible hole in the front of the camera. Nothing has to be
>>"taken
>> > apart." It is actually very simple.
>
>Is is really that simple?  You may not have to take it apart, as access
>can be gained behind the red dot, but from there don't you need a
>specailized tool?  If not, enlightment me, please!  (I'm talking
>specifically about the M6, M6TTL)
>
>("Oh no!  Not that RF alignment thread again!")
>
>--Andrew

not to awaken those particular sleeping dogs, but when i asked sherry k
(drop to your knees, fellas, and tremble when i mention that name!) how one
would go about adjusting the rangefinder in one's leica (notice i didn't
ask about *me* adjusting *my* leica - a simple precaution), she adamantly
and unequivocally insisted that this was a delicate affair indeed, not to
undertaken by mere mortals as, lacking the proper experience and training,
one might damage the camera!

we now return to our previously scheduled ot thread...

guy