Subject: Re: [Leica] Editors must edit
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 06:30:25 -0800

>Guy,
>Just out of curiosity, does the writer post under the name "Negresco"? Call
>me overly sensitive to prose style, but I seem to recognize his....
>
>--Mike

though i didn't pay attention to the name, i believe this is the guy
(located in bev hills, that locus of taste and science). his rhetorical
m.o. is always the same: give a high-falootin' but shaggy historical
description of the leica camera, move on to say why the item in question is
at the top of the leitz list, then briefly describe the item actually for
sale in prose so full of hyperbole as to partake of the mythological.

in the description i posted, i just loved the part about the summar being
the nec plus ultra of contrast and sharpness! ah, and to think that there
may be some one out there who still believes what they read (uh oh, that's
a dangerous statement here on the lug!), who may pick up the lens for that
reason...

oh well, caveat hektor... i mean 'emptor.'

guy