Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Greg Bicket's focus thread
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 15:01:58 -0500

I don't know about other autofocus cameras, but the one I have has this
little square right in the middle of the viewfinder (just like with M
Leicas), and all I have to do, in ALL lighting conditions, is point that
little square at what I want to be in focus (just as with M Leicas), either
press the shutter release button half-way down or use a separate dedicated
button to lock the focus (analogous to twisting the focus ring on M
Leicas), recompose (as with M Leicas), and press the shutter release button
to take the photograph (as with M Leicas).

I get a higher focus success ratio with my AF camera (not that the ratio is
bad with the Leica), and focusing is much quicker.

So whats the problem with autofocus?

Dan C.

[snip]