Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: alignment tool, was <Walt, you are dead wrong>
From: "Peter Choy" <pmcchoy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 20:30:37 -0800

Martin wrote,

> Peter Choy jotted down the following:
>
>>> We're still talking about cameras, right?
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> Dan C.

>> Cameras?!?  I thought this was the steel framed bicycle
>> thread.  No wonder I have been having so much trouble following
>> along.  Have been trying to figure out how to adjust the valves
>> on my bike through the hole under the red dot...
>>

> Oh, so I can put the cover back on my Mont Blanc pen then?
>
> M.

Not until the correct time, as determined by consulting
an officially certified Swiss chronometer.  Now, we could
further explore this and other topics of mutual interest
once peace breaks out in full boring bloom on the PLUG,
BLUG, BALUG and other hostile zones...

Actually, since first picking up this thread earlier
today, I have jumped in the car, drove 50 miles to the
"Autumn Photo Fair" in San Jose, treated myself to a LN 5th
version 50mm Summicron with detachable hood and focusing lever,
ran into fellow BALUG member and rock 'n' roll photographer Jerry
Haussler who was sporting a mint black enamel M4 around his neck
like a jeweled neckace and carrying a brown paper sack full of old
Nikon F2 stuff he had just bought, bought Jerry and me hotdogs and the
world's most expensive cokes outside of Candlestick Park while we talked
about how tense the LUG had become and maybe it was time to liquor
everybody up again over dinner, drove back to pick up my daughter
from her piano lesson, tried out my new lens by taking snaps of
my daughter in the hardware store buying spray paint to use for
refinishing her cello case, walked down our street with wife &
daughter to check out the new neighborhood Thai restaurant for dinner,
went to the video rental place to see if there was anything new
worth watching, there wasn't, so I came home and logged on again,
and all you worthy gents were still here having the same impassioned
crazy cool arguments! Is this a great country, or what?!?

Dazed and bemused in California,
Peter.