Subject: [Leica] Several OT Topics - Self publishing and planes of focus
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 09:16:46 -0500

Coupla OT things on my mind and perhaps worthy of the bandwidth

1] Saw a photo of a room setup ( in the mag. DWELL) where there appeared
to be two separate planes of focus
    one in the foreground and one in the background with intervening
space in a nice BOKEH.  How is this done-
the only way I could figure how to do this is to start with a lens with
a hugh depth of field and then do the vasolene thing for those areas
that are supposed to be out of focus.  But I suspect there is a more
elegant solution - anyone know how it was done?

getting their own photo book published in limited runs ( ie edition of
say 100)?  Leave aside why a rank amateur would even think that their
photos were worth putting on glossy pages and binding them up I need to
know what the group's collective experience has been.

thanks

ernie nitka

Replies: Reply from "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com> (Re: [Leica] Several OT Topics - Self publishing and planes of focus)