Subject: [Leica] Re: Grip for LTM Leicas
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 18:58:48 -0500

At the PhotoExpo East this weekend I stopped by the Voightlånder booth
and was quite impressed with how the grips, made for the Bessa L & R,
worked with my IIIf (especially the ball-shaped one). I was ready to buy one
(Stephen Gandy has them listed for $65)but, since he is out of stock and
needs 10 days to get one, I started looking around the house and and
ended up making a similar grip from a hardwood English Leather bottle
top, an attachment screw from an old flash bracket, and a 1/4" brass
bolt. IMHO, it works as well as the original and looks better.

I realise I could be exiled from the LUG for even thinking about using
a cheap Voightlånder/Cosina accessory[a $65 rubber covered ball MUST be
cheap--a Solms version would have to cost at least 5X as much--even more if
there was a collectable Wetzlar version wtth a 5 letter code name], much
less a free DIY model, but I'll take my chances.

Bob Marvin