Subject: Re: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 00:20:32 +0100

> From: John Collier
> find that I use an M body with a 35 lens for about 99% of my
shooting. I
- ---------------------
John and others.  I find it interesting that so many luggers seem to
prefer the 35mm lens.  When I was starting out in photography the most
common advice was ... Fill the frame.  Followed by ... but do not get
too close because of perspective distortion.

May I ask those luggers who use the 35mm (or shorter) lens MORE than
any other, if they can explain why they do so.  For instance, is it
ease of use or do you actually like the results.

For me, I find that anything less than 50mm is an "in your face "
style.

TIA
Alan

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Why a 35mm lens?)