Subject: [Leica] Re: Projectors
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:26:39 +0100

David,

Just returned from my visit to France and would like to add a couple of
things:

I think the Leica projectors are best for viewing glassless slides. I have
used the CF for a long time andrecently got the Super Colorplan. I have not
finally evaluated them (waited for the adapter to mount the CF on the RT) but
I think the CF is in the average at least as good as the Super (glassless only!).

My father in law has the Rollei twin. It has a very high light output and is
pretty silent. It has the worst autofocus I have ever seen. Glassless unpopped
slides do not focus well and it takes pretty long to pop. At the Photokina I
was told that Rollei changed the system and offers an upgrade. Be sure you get
the new version, test it in the shop!
The high light output seems to come from very high voltage at the bulb, they
do not last very long.
The lenses are very good for glass mounts.

Hope this helps
Christoph