Subject: Re: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 07:48:53 -0700

I wanted a 35 after using the 50 for ten years. I wanted that wider view.
When I raised the camera to take a photograph, I found that I was in the
perfect position for a 35* frame not a 50**. I agree with Rob that inertia
plays a big part as well; it is usually much faster to change your position
to accommodate the lens you have rather than changing lenses.

If you like your 50 and find it natural to use, I would not bother to get a
35.

John Collier

* OK, I was in a perfect position for a 28 but there is no 28 Summilux. :-)

**I love my 50 but I just do not seem to use it that often, never actually,
since I got the 35. I keep the 50 because it works with all my close-up
stuff which I also never use. Sigh