Subject: [Leica] Vario-Elmar 80-200 focus problem
From: "Bob Gibson" <retail.shops@stonebow.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:04:04 +1300

When I set the focus ring on infinity and object 1km away is out of
alignment in the split image on my R8.
I need to shift the focus ring back to almost the 15m mark for the split
image to indicate correct focus. If I rely on the split image for focusing
all images are sharp so its not a real bit problem just a bit annoying.
I have two other lenses a Elmarit-R 19mm and the standard Summicron-R 50mm,
neither of these lenses show this problem.
I would appreciate some feed back from other owners if this is common to
their lenses or do I have a problem lens.
regards
Bob