Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #162
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:09:28 -0800

Marc schreibt..
  the East Germans began marketing "ORiginal WOlfen" films and
papers.  Gorgeous stuff, as the East Germans comprehensively ignored all of
those environmental laws which caused Kodak and AGFA and Ilford and their
ilk to dramatically reduce the quantities of silver compounds in their
products..

I used to buy ORWO films from Freestyle years ago. When I was in
India in 1999 I found them for sale at less than a buck a roll for
100 speed b&w. The film was a classic emulsion similar to Plus-X. I
shot a lot of it and wish I could get it here in CA again. Another
Indian brand of 100 B&W was also aavailable. The box said made in
Germany but there was no imprint on the frame margins.

These are good films to take pics of those 1953 Morris (Ambassador)
taxis and 1957 Enfield 500cc singles they still make in India.

Bill Lawlor