Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #162
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 16:44:44 +0000

Steve LeHuray wrote:

>It does not matter who you are or what you use, if you take a lot of
>pictures you will end up with your own style.

It would be interesting to look at that deeper.  Not long ago I ran
across pictures I did in university, even one of the first pictures I
ever took in first photo class, and I realized I haven't changed much in
style.  I still organize things in a photo the same way.  And frankly, I
write the same way, too.  My work may have gotten broader, more
technically astute (or lucky), but I'm sure each of us has a style that
we don't deviate much from.  For me that is true whether I'm doing
products, special effects, industrial or documentary work.  My attitudes
change, partly because of the technical demands, partly because of the
different emotional and connectivity needs of different subjects.  I
have this need to simplify, yet be bold in design, sensitive to light
and gesture.  Rather like a nice wine from the local discount liquor
store.   : )

donal
Donal Philby
San Diego