Subject: RE: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?
From: "M.E.Berube" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 11:55:06 -0500

At 12:56 AM 11/8/00 +0100, Alan Hull wrote:
>So I thought "zone focus" and change to a 35mm lens to increase DOF.
>Which of course is nonsense as DOF has nothing to do with focal length.

Huh?
Admittedly, I'm not an expert on photo theory and often confuse it all
round, but everything that I was taught, and my brief 20 years experience
hath shewn, that lenses of short focal length produce greater depth of
field than do standard lenses at the same aperture.

Or did I misunderstand?

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from "clive sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net> (Re: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?)