Subject: Re: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?
From: "clive sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:04:57 -0000

you're right - depth of field has a direct relationship to focal length.
It's one point that's sometimes overlooked when talking about medium and
large format camera (used without movements)! Their lenses (say 80 and 150
mm respectively) have a respective depth of field shallower than our
'standard' 50 mm lens.  but the same as (respectively) our 80 and 150 mm
lens i.e a 50mm 'wide angle' on MF has the same depth of field as a 50mm
lens for 35mm cameras (one thing where leica can be no better or worse  than
any other maker  ;-^()